- 1 1/2 Cup Flour
- 1/4 Cup Cocoa
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 4 Tablespoons Butter Not Margarine, Softened
- 2 Egg Yolks Slightly Beaten
- 1/8 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1 Recipe Basic Cheesecake
- 1 Recipe Desired Topping
- Sift together flour, cocoa, sugar, and baking powder. Set aside.
- In medium mixing bowl, cream butter. Add egg yolks, salt and lemon juice; mixing well. Add dry mixture and use fingers to work dough into a smooth consistency. Add milk as necessary to achieve this.
- Roll out dough to 1/4-inch thickness. Using the bottom of your pan as a template, trace out a circle of dough to fit the bottom of the pan. Also line the sides of the pan with dough.
- Prepare Cheesecake batter and fill crust. Bake as directed. Chill.
- Cheesecake cupcakes: There will most likely be both leftover dough and batter. Line muffin tin with foil cupcake liners. Pat a small amount of dough into a circle and place in the bottom of each tin. Fill liners to 1/4-inch of top with batter. Bake until toothpick inserted in center comes out relatively clean.
- Suggested toppings: Caramel Sauce, Fudge Sauce, Raspberry Sauce: garnished with fresh raspberries, Pie filling from Loon Lake Blueberry Pie, Pie filling from Strawberry Glacé Pie, Canned Cherry Pie Filling.
2002 Recipe – April Ferre