“Another amazing sauce with a full, rich flavor. I first made this for a Shacklett lab party to go over Cheesecake, but would be wonderful over many types of desserts or as garnish on a plate.” – April Ferre
- 18 Ounces Fresh Raspberries
- 3/4 Cup Sugar Or To Taste
- 1/4 Cup Water
- Juice Of 1 Lemon Or To Taste
- Combine Raspberries, sugar and water in medium saucepan. Using a potato masher, crush berries and stir mixture until it comes to a slow boil. Continue to slow boil for 7 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
- Strain seeds from sauce, and return juice to saucepan. Thicken juice to desired consistency with a cornstarch/water mixture. Add lemon juice. Remove to bowl and cover surface of sauce with plastic wrap. Chill.
2002 Recipe – April Ferre – From New York’s Master Chefs, Bon Appetit Magazine, 1985 – Chef: Stanley Kramer, Oyster Bar and Restaurant, Grand Central Station, NYC