“When I decided to make my own version of an Eggs Benedict, I had to learn how to poach eggs.” – April Ferre
- 1 to 2 Tablespoons White Vinegar
- Bring a medium pot of water (4 inches deep) to a boil. While waiting for the water to boil, crack an egg into a small fine mesh sieve over a bowl. Swirl the egg in the sieve until all the liquidy egg whites have been removed. Then, place the egg in a ramekin.
- Stir the vinegar into the water and create a vortex. Add the egg to the middle of the vortex and cook the egg for 3 minutes. Remove the egg with a slotted spoon and dab it on a paper towel to remove any excess water. Serve immediately.
- Alternatively, if making the poached eggs for meal prep or ahead of time, transfer the cooked poached eggs to an ice water bath and refrigerate for a couple of days.
- When ready to serve, add boiling water to a bowl, then add the cold poached egg and submerge for 20 to 30 seconds or until warmed through. Remove the poached egg with a slotted spoon, dab dry and serve immediately.
2020 Recipe – April Ferre – From Downshiftology