“I am very fond of arugula, but often it gets lost in mixed green salads. Here, the arugula is the star. It makes for a nice, light brunch side salad.” – April Ferre
Simple Arugula Salad
- 3 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 1 Teaspoon Honey
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt Or To Taste
- 1/8 Teaspoon Pepper Or To Taste
- 5 Ounces Baby Arugula
- 1/2 Cup Cherry Tomatoes Halved, Optional
- 1/2 Cup Parmesan, Asiago or Romano Cheese Thinly Shaved
- 2 Tablespoons Toasted Pine Nuts Optional (Or Substitute Walnuts, Pecans, Sunflower Seeds or Pepitas)
- 1 Avocado Sliced, Optional
- In a small bowl combine olive oil, lemon juice, honey, salt and pepper. Whisk well combine.
- In a large bowl, combine arugula and tomatoes. Drizzle over salad dressing and toss to coat.
- Serve topped with cheese, pine nuts and avocado
2023 Adapted Recipe – April Ferre – Adapted from Two Peas and Their Pod