“My first Eggs Benedict was an Irish version at the local Irish Pub. Since then, I’ve been hooked. If you have the time, make your own Sourdough English Muffins, it makes a big difference.” – April Ferre
Classic Eggs Benedict
- 1 Recipe Hollandaise Sauce
- 2 English Muffins Halved
- 4 Slices Canadian Bacon
- 4 Poached Eggs
- Sliced Green Onions or Chives For Garnish
- Prepare Hollandaise sauce.
- Lightly butter each of the English muffins halves. Place English muffins and Canadian bacon slices on a cookie sheet.
- While you are poaching your eggs, broil the muffins and bacon until muffins are toasted and bacon is heated through (be careful not to over cook the bacon.) If your muffins and bacon finish cooking before your eggs, turn off the broiler and move the cookie sheet to a lower rack. Close the oven to keep the heat in.
- When all components are ready, assemble the Eggs Benedict by placing a slice of Canadian bacon on top of each English muffin half. Then place a poached egg on top of each. Drizzle over a generous amount of Hollandaise sauce and top with sliced green onion.
- Serve immediately. Makes 2 servings.
2023 Recipe – April Ferre