“One weekend I recreated the meals I would get from my favorite Mediterranean fast food joint, Chickpeas. One of the things I really loved about that restaurant was the variety of salads you got to add to your plate including Salatet Malfouf, Turkish Kebab Salad, Sumac Onions, Tabouli, and a carrot salad very similar to this.” – April Ferre
Moroccan Carrot Salad
- 2 Pounds Carrots Peeled & Sliced
- 3 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Lemon Juice
- 3/4 Teaspoon Harissa
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cumin
- 1/2 Teaspoon Coriander
- 1/2 Teaspoon Sweet Paprika
- 1/4 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 to 2 Cloves Garlic Minced
- 1/2 Cup Cilantro Chopped (or Mint or Parsley)
- 2 Tablespoons Sesame Seeds Toasted
- In a small bowl combine all ingredients except carrots.
- In a large Dutch oven, bring a pot of salted water to a boil, add carrots and cook until carrots are just tender. Drain well.
- For best flavor toss with salad dressing while still hot. Set aside to cool. Serve at room temperature or refrigerate.
2021 Adapted Recipe – April Ferre – Adapted from The Mediterranean Dish