“These manicotti are fantastically creamy. The addition of white wine to the marinara sauce along with the mushrooms makes you think you got these straight from the little Italian restaurant around the corner.” – April Ferre
- 5- Ounce Package (12 Pieces) Manicotti
- 8- Ounce Package Cream Cheese Softened
- 1 Cup Cottage Cheese
- 1/4 Pound Mozzarella Cheese Grated
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Tablespoon Parsley Chopped
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/8 Teaspoon Pepper
- 1/8 Teaspoon Nutmeg
- White Wine
- Fresh Mushrooms Sliced
- Spaghetti Sauce
- Parmesan Cheese Optional
- Cook manicotti in salted boiling water until just done but still firm. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Blend cream cheese with fork until smooth. Mix in cottage cheese. Stir in mozzarella cheese, eggs, parsley, salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Fill manicotti shells with cheese mixture and place in 9×13-inch baking dish.
- Sauté mushrooms in butter. Add spaghetti sauce and wine. Pour over manicotti.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 20 minutes or until bubbly. Serve with Parmesan cheese if desired. Makes 6 servings.
2004 Recipe – April Ferre – Cooking for Compliments, 1977