“I love the salad dressing at Japanese restaurants and this is my copy-cat version of it. For a more tart version, try the Japanese Sesame Dressing recipe. As with that recipe, use only Japanese Kewpie Mayo, either store-bought (at an Asian grocery store) or homemade.” – April Ferre
Japanese Miso-Sesame Dressing
- 6 Tablespoons White Miso
- 1/2 Cup Kewpie Mayonnaise
- 1/4 Cup Seasoned Rice Vinegar
- 1/4 Cup Toasted Sesame Oil
- 1/4 Cup Mirin
- 2 Tablespoons Peanut of Vegetable Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 1 to 2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 2 Teaspoons Ginger Paste
- 1/2 Teaspoon Garlic Paste
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and whisk well to combine. Allow flavors to blend overnight.
- Serve over a simple salad of iceberg lettuce, shredded carrots, sliced tomato and cucumber.
2021 Recipe – April Ferre