“I love the sesame salad dressing on the side salad in the bento box at the Japanese restaurant and this is my approximation. Use only Japanese mayo, American mayo won’t taste the same.” – April Ferre
Japanese Sesame Dressing
- 6 Tablespoons White Sesame Seed Toasted
- 6 Tablespoons Japanese Mayonnaise
- 1/4 Cup Rice Vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 4 Teaspoons Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Mirin
- 1 Teaspoon Sesame Oil
- Grind the toasted sesame seeds with a mortar and pestle until smooth.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and whisk everything together. If you want a smoother preparation, transfer to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Drizzle on top of a simple salad of lettuce tomato, cucumber and shredded carrot.
2021 Adapted Recipe – April Ferre – From Just One Cookbook