“This is my husband’s favorite gluten-free recipe of mine. He does not have to eat gluten-free and he tells me he can not tell the difference between my gluten-free version and my regular wheat based version.” – Calla Ferre
Gluten-Free Corn Muffins
- 2 Cups Calla’s Gluten-Free Flour Blend
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon Xanthan Gum
- 1 1/2 Cups Gluten-Free Cornmeal
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Powdered Buttermilk Optional, See Note
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Soda
- 1/4 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 2 Teaspoons Salt
- 2 Cups minus 2 Tablespoons Milk
- 2 Tablespoons Vinegar
- 2 Eggs Unbeaten
- 1/3 Cup Butter Melted
- 1/3 Cup Vegetable or Canola Oil
- Mix dry ingredients together with a wire whisk so that they are well combined. Add remaining ingredients. Beat together until smooth.
- This recipe works best cooked as muffins, rather than as corn bread. Though it can be baked in two 8 x 8 pans; it does not rise as well this way.
- Bake in greased muffin tins at 420 degrees for 11-13 minutes. Makes 2 dozen muffins. Equally good when half-rule is made.
This recipe was made with Saco Pantry Cultured Buttermilk Blend, which can be found in the baking aisle. Use it dry; do not add additional water. This is optional, but it does improve the texture.