“I had a neighbor tell me a few years ago that they were making Dr. Pepper Barbecued Ribs for one of the summer holidays. It sounded so good and since then I’ve been meaning to make some myself. This is a fantastic BBQ sauce that you can use on anything. It is a good balance of both sweet and spicy.” – April Ferre
Dr. Pepper Barbecue Sauce
- 1 Cup Ketchup
- 6 ounces Tomato Paste
- 18 Ounces (1 1/2 Cans) Dr. Pepper Original or Cherry
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Garlic Minced
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 Teaspoon Grenadine Optional
- 1/2 Teaspoon Liquid Smoke Hickory Recommended
- 1/2 Teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Pepper
- In a medium saucepan, combine all ingredients.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce heat and simmer for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Cool and store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
2023 Adapted Recipe – April Ferre – Adapted from Baking Beauty