“The tartness of the cranberry sauce compliments the richness of the white chocolate cheesecake. This cheesecake would also be great topped with the fillings from our blueberry or strawberry pies.” – April Ferre
Cranberry-Orange White Chocolate Cheesecake
- 1 3/4 Cup Shortbread Cookies Finely Crushed
- 2 Tablespoons Butter Melted
- 4 8-Ounce Packages Cream Cheese Softened
- 1 Cup Sugar Divided
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla
- 1 4-Ounce White Chocolate Baking Bar Melted
- 4 Eggs
- 1 Tablespoon Orange Zest
- 1/2 Cup Orange Juice from 2 Large Oranges
- 1 Teaspoon Cornstarch
- 1 1/2 Cup Fresh or Frozen Cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Combine cookie crumbs and melted butter; mix well. Press into the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Beat cream cheese, 3/4 cup sugar and vanilla in a large mixing bowl until smooth. Add melted white chocolate and mix again until well blended.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating on low speed until incorporated. Pour over crust.
- Bake for 1 hour or until center is almost set. Allow cheesecake to cool to room temperature and then cover and refrigerate overnight.
Make Cranberry-Orange Sauce:
- Meanwhile, mix 1 tablespoon orange juice and cornstarch in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine cranberries, remaining orange juice and 1/4 cup sugar. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat and simmer for 6 minutes or until cranberries are softened, stirring frequently.
- Stir in cornstarch mixture and cook 1 minute more or until thickened, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and stir in orange zest. Cool and then refrigerate.
- When ready to serve, spread cranberry sauce over the top of the cheesecake.
2022 Recipe – April Ferre – From Family Circle Magazine and Kraft Foods