“2022 was a stellar year for basil in my garden and I froze back lots of pesto. This is a really easy recipe that comes together fairly quickly and yet feels decadent. The original recipe featured shrimp, but I had chicken in the refrigerator and honestly, I think chicken is better choice. I also think zucchini would be good in this too.” – April Ferre
Chicken Pesto Pasta
- 1 Pound Spaghetti
- 1 Large Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast, Diced
- Italian Seasoning To Taste
- Salt & Pepper To Taste
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Cup Zucchini Diced, Optional
- 1 Cup Cherry Tomatoes Halved
- 1 Cup Basil Pesto Or To Taste
- 1/4 Cup Parmesan Cheese Grated
- Chopped Fresh Parsley Optional
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook pasta as desired. Drain.
- While spaghetti is cooking, in a medium bowl, season diced chicken with Italian seasoning, salt and pepper to taste.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil until shimmering. Brown chicken and cook through. Remove chicken to a bowl and set aside.
- If adding zucchini, add to skillet and sauté until just barely fork tender. Remove to bowl with chicken.
- In a large bowl, combine cooked pasta, chicken, zucchini, cherry tomatoes and pesto. Toss to combine.
- Serve topped with a little grated Parmesan cheese and chopped fresh parsley if desired.
2023 Adapted Recipe – April Ferre – Adapted from Dinner at the Zoo