“This is a lighter version of shrimp scampi, bright with crisp green herbs.” – April Ferre
California Shrimp Scampi
- 2/3 Pound California Shrimp
- 1 Teaspoon Butter
- 2 Teaspoons Olive Oil
- 3 Cloves Garlic Minced or Pressed
- 1/4 Cup White Wine Chardonnay
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/8 Teaspoon Pepper
- Juice of One Lemon
- 1/2 Tablespoon Italian Parsley Finely Chopped
- 1/2 Tablespoon Cilantro Finely Chopped
- Melt butter and oil together in sauté pan. Add garlic, sauté for one minute. Add shrimp, sauté for one minute.
- Add wine, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Sauté quickly while sauce reduces and shrimp turns pink. Do not over cook. Add parsley and cilantro before serving.
- Serve with sauce over noodles or rice if desired. Serves 2.
2003 Recipe, Revised 2020 – April Ferre – From the California Seafood Council, 1997