“This has been in the family cookbook for years, but it wasn’t until a little while ago (2010) that Mom made this for me. And wow! Soooo good. You may want to make a double recipe.” – April Ferre
“Nothing better to top baked potatoes with than this!” – Calla Ferre
Baked Potatoes with Chef’s Cheese Sauce
- 4 Tablespoons Butter Softened
- 1 Cup Mild Cheddar Cheese Shredded
- 1/2 Cup Sour Cream
- 1 Tablespoon Green Onions Chopped
- Baked Potatoes
- Have ingredients at room temperature. Whip butter and cheese with electric beater until fluffy. Stir in sour cream and onion. Makes 5 to 6 servings.
- Use on baked potatoes. May be made ahead to carry along for a picnic or barbecue.
1948 Recipe – Jean Hansen – From Better Homes and Gardens Magazine