“I started growing tarragon in my herb garden and this is one of the first recipes I used it in. The sauce dresses up the green beans nicely. It would also make a good salad dressing, especially over a spinach salad.” – April Ferre
Green Beans with Honey Mustard-Tarragon Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Sliced Almonds Toasted
- 2 Teaspoons Olive Oil
- 2 Teaspoons Garlic Minced
- 2 Tablespoons White Wine Vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons Heavy Cream
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 2 Teaspoons Honey
- 1/4 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Tarragon Chopped
- 12 Ounces Green Beans Blanched
- Heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic and cook 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Stir in white wine vinegar, heavy cream, Dijon mustard, honey and salt. Return to heat and cook on medium-high until slightly thickened. Stir in tarragon.
- Arrange green beans on a platter and drizzle with sauce. Sprinkle with almonds. Serves 4.
- Variation: You may substitute fresh thyme or dill for tarragon.
2020 Recipe – April Ferre – From www.cookinglight.com