- 2 Cups Fresh or Frozen Blueberries
- 3/4 Cup Water
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Cornstarch
- 2 Tablespoons Water
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- Combine blueberries, 3/4 cup water and sugar in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Boil 10 minutes.
- Mix cornstarch with 2 tablespoons water and add to blueberry mixture, stirring constantly until syrup is thick.
- If you want a smooth syrup, pour mixture into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Taste syrup, and if needed, return to saucepan and reduce until flavor is of desired strength.
- Remove to a bowl and cool. Add lemon juice and stir to combine.
- Serve over pancakes or ice cream.
2021 Recipe – April Ferre