“Another dessert I made using my first batch of Ube Halaya. These are extremely rich; a little goes a long way. But what a fun and different ‘brownie,’ a beautiful, bright purple studded with white chocolate.” – April Ferre
- 1 Cup Butter Melted & Cooled
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Large Egg Room Temperature
- 2 Cups Ube Halaya
- 1 to 2 Tablespoons Ube Extract (See Note)
- 2 1/2 Cups Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Cup White Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9×13-inch baking pan and line it with parchment paper with a slight overhang on each side.
- In a large bowl, combine butter and sugars and beat until smooth and creamy. Add egg, ube halaya and ube extract. Stir until well combined.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt. Add flour mixture to ube mixture and stir until just combined being careful not to over mix. The batter will be very thick. Gently fold in chocolate chips.
- Transfer batter to the prepared pan and spread evenly with a spatula. If desired, dot the top of the batter with additional white chocolate chips.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Be careful not to over bake.
- Cool brownies for 10 minutes in the pan and then use the parchment paper overhang to gently lift the brownies out of the pan to cool on a wire rack. When completely cooled, cut into squares.
2022 Adapted Recipe – April Ferre – Adapted from The Unlikely Baker