“I am a spice wuss, I admit it. But I do enjoy Thai food. This recipe is nice, because I can lower the heat level, though I have to admit the flavor isn’t as good as the Maesri brand green curry paste.” – April Ferre
Thai Green Curry Paste
- 4 Green Cayenne Peppers Chopped & Deseeded
- 2 to 6 Thai Green Chilis Chopped (See Note 1)
- 2 Shallots Chopped
- 2 1/2 to 3 Tablespoons Lemongrass (Tender White Parts) Finely Chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Galangal Grated
- 5 Cloves Garlic Minced
- 2 1/2 Teaspoons Dried Shrimp Paste (Belacan, See Note 2)
- 2 Teaspoons Lime Zest Grated
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Coriander
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1/4 Teaspoon White Pepper
- 1/4 Teaspoon Turmeric
- 2 Tablespoons Cilantro Stems (or Roots if available) Chopped
- 1/4 Cup Cilantro Leaves Loosely Packed
- 2 to 3 Tablespoons Water As Needed
- Combine all ingredients, except water, in a powerful blender or food processor. If you have a Vitamix, it will give you the best results. Blend ingredients to as smooth a paste as possible. Add water 1 Tablespoon at a time, if needed to help it blend.
- Use this to make one recipe Thai Green Curry.
- Can be made ahead up to 2 days or frozen for 1 month.
2022 Recipe – April Ferre – From RecipeTin Eats