“This makes a nice small batch of cupcakes with a good flavor and a reasonably light texture. To get an extra boost of chocolate flavor, add a teaspoon of espresso powder.” – April Ferre
- 1 1/2 Cup Flour
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 3 Tablespoons Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 3 Tablespoons Butter or Margarine
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla
- 1 Tablespoon White Vinegar
- 1 Cup Water Cold
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease cupcake tin or line cups with paper liners.
- Sift dry ingredients together in a bowl. Add remaining ingredients. Mix well. Pour mixture into cupcake tins, evenly distributing between 18 cupcakes.
- Bake 20 minutes or until cupcakes spring back when touched lightly. Cool on wire rack. Frost with desired frosting.
1997 Recipe – April Ferre