“This is a kind of fun recipe for kids in the summer. There is something whimsical about a dessert pizza.
This recipe was originally from my middle school culinary arts class. I revisited the recipe for the first time in 2020 and made some revisions. Most importantly, instead of using store-bought strawberry glaze which is full of red food dye and lot of artificial ingredients, I used the glaze from my Strawberry Glacé Pie recipe. Additionally I’d recommend using real cream instead of Dream Whip. And instead of mixing the fresh strawberries in the glaze and spreading them on top, I like to arrange strawberry slices decoratively on top of the glaze. ” – April Ferre
- 1 Double Recipe Pie Crust
- 1 Envelope Dream Whip Mixed As Directed
- 1/2 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 4 Ounces Cream Cheese Softened
- 1/2 Cup Sour Cream
- 1 Teaspoon Lemon Juice Optional
- 1 Quart Fresh Strawberries
- 1 Jar Marie’s Strawberry Glaze
- Bake the 2 pie crusts on a pizza pan or on a cookie sheet. Let cool. Mix together dream whip, powdered sugar, cream cheese, lemon juice and sour cream. Spread on pie crusts. Rinse and slice strawberries. Mix strawberries with strawberry glaze. Put the mixture on top of pie crusts. Chill if desired.
- Alternative preparation: In place of Dream Whip, substitute 1 Cup Heavy Cream, Whipped. 1 Recipe Strawberry Glaze from Strawberry Glace Pie recipe. Spread whipped cream mixture over pie crusts, then spread strawberry glaze on top of cream. Slice strawberries and arrange decoratively on top. If desired, pipe excess whipped cream on top.