“I’m not sure why the title of this recipe is ‘Spicy” Assorted Vegetables, because there really isn’t any spice to this, though some added Chili Oil would do the trick. These are a nice simple side dish with a good flavor. ” – April Ferre
Spicy Assorted Vegetables
- 1/4 Cup Oil
- 1 Clove Garlic Crushed
- 1 Cucumber Thinly Sliced
- 2 Radishes Thinly Sliced
- 1/4 Head Cabbage In Bite Size Pieces
- 1/2 Carrot Sliced & Parboiled
- 2 Dried Mushrooms
- 1 Tablespoon Dry Sherry
- 2 Teaspoons Soy Sauce
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Sugar
- Soak mushrooms in lukewarm water until tender; stem and slice.
- Heat oil. Brown garlic and discard. Add all vegetables and stir-fry briskly for 1 minute.
- Add dry sherry, soy sauce, salt and sugar. Stir-fry for 3 minutes.
- Serve hot, at room temperature or chilled. Serves 2 as a main course or 4 to 6 Chinese style.
1989 Recipe – Jean Hansen – From her cooking class with Julia Cheng