“Using the Southwest Seasoning mix from this cookbook makes these hash browns taste like the curly fries at Arbys!” – April Ferre
Southwest Hash Browns
- 3 1/2 Cups Shredded Potatoes
- 1/2 Cup Panko Bread Crumbs
- 1/3 Cup Shredded Mexican Cheese Blend
- 2 Teaspoons Southwest Seasoning
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- Oil for Frying
- Rinse shredded potatoes in cold water until water runs clear. Thoroughly dry potatoes using paper towels or a salad spinner. In a large bowl, combine potatoes, bread crumbs, cheese, Southwest seasoning and salt.
- Heat oil in an electric griddle or fry pan over medium high heat. Drop potato mixture by 2/3 cupfuls into oil and flatten slightly. Fry until golden, about 5 to 7 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
2020 Recipe – April Ferre – From Taste of Home