“I had a balcony on my first apartment and a little Weber grill that I loved to barbecue on. Everything tastes better when cooked over charcoal.” – April Ferre
Shrimp And Beef Kabobs
- 8 Ounces Beef Sirloin Or Flank Steak Cut 1/4-Inch Thin Strips
- 1/2 Teaspoon Dried Basil
- 1/2 Teaspoon Dried Thyme
- 1 Clove Garlic Minced
- 1/3 Cup Lemon Juice
- 1/4 Cup Cooking Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons White Wine
- 1 Tablespoon Honey
- 8 Ounces Large Shrimp Shelled And Deveined
- Double Recipe Shrimp Marinade
- 1 Medium Onion Cut Into Wedges
- 1 Zucchini Sliced 1/2-Inch Thick
- 1 Medium Sweet Bell Pepper Cut Into 1-Inch Pieces
- Place beef strips in a plastic bag set in a shallow dish. For marinade combine basil, thyme, garlic, lemon juice, oil, Worcestershire sauce, wine and honey. Pour over beef and close bag. Marinate in refrigerator 3 to 4 hours or overnight, turning bag occasionally.
- Prepare shrimp marinade. Place shrimp and marinade in bag and place in refrigerator. Marinate 30 minutes to 2 hours.
- Parboil onions and zucchini.
- Drain beef and shrimp and discard marinade. Thread beef, shrimp and vegetables onto skewers, leaving 1/4-inch between pieces.
- Grill on rack of uncovered grill directly over medium coals for 10 to 12 minutes or until shrimp turn pink and meat is done, turning once. Makes 4 servings.
2003 Adapted Recipe – April Ferre – From the Better Homes and Gardens New Cookbook, 1996