“Another plum glaze recipe that I found on my search for a good plum-glazed duck recipe.” – April Ferre
- 3/4 Cup Plum Jam
- 1/4 Cup Cider Vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire or Soy Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Catsup
- 2 Teaspoons Fresh Ginger, Finely Chopped, or 1 Teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 Teaspoon Dry Mustard
- 1/8 Teaspoon Ground Cloves
- 1/8 Teaspoon Liquid Hot Pepper Seasoning Tabasco
- 1 Broiler-Fryer Chicken (3 1/2 to 4 Pounds) In Serving Size Pieces
- In a small saucepan, stir together plum jam, vinegar, Worcestershire or soy sauce, catsup, ginger, cinnamon, mustard, cloves and hot pepper seasoning. Cook, stirring over medium-low heat, until hot.
- Arrange chicken pieces, skin side down, in a greased, shallow-rimmed baking pan or broiler pan. Brush part of the sauce over chicken. Bake, uncovered, in a 375 degree oven for 30 minutes, basting occasionally.
- Remove pan from the oven and turn chicken pieces over. Brush with more plum sauce. Return to oven and continue baking, basting occasionally, about 25 minutes longer or until thigh meat is no longer pink when cut near bone.
2000’s Recipe – April Ferre