“Use your favorite BBQ sauce for an tasty, easy meal.” – April Ferre
Oven Baked Barbecue Chicken
- Bone In, Skin On Chicken
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- BBQ Sauce
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Rinse and dry chicken, then coat with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil. If available use, a baking rack in the baking sheet. Place chicken skin side down on the rack and bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove chicken from the oven and increase temperature to 425 degrees. Baste the bottoms of the chicken generously with BBQ sauce, then carefully flip, trying to avoid breaking the skin. Generously baste the tops of the chicken with BBQ as well. Return to the oven and bake other 11 minutes.
- Remove chicken from the oven and baste the tops with more BBQ sauce. Return to the oven and bake another 11 minutes.
- Remove chicken from the oven and set it to broil, adjusting oven rack to an appropriate height. Broil chicken for 3 to 5 minutes, until chicken is browned and crisped to your liking.
2021 Recipe – April Ferre