“Someone brought some hummus topped with olive tapenade to a Davis Chorale rehearsal for our snack break and since then it has become my preferred way to serve hummus.” – April Ferre
- 1 Cup Castelvetrano Olives Pitted
- 1/2 Cup Kalamata or Nicoise Olives Pitted
- 1/4 Cup Parsley Lightly Packed
- 1 Tablespoon Capers Drained & Rinsed
- 2 Cloves Garlic Minced
- 1/4 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1 Teaspoon Anchovy Paste Optional
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and pulse about 10 times, then scrape down sides of the jar.
- Pulse another 5 to 10 times until well chopped but not pureed until you reach your desired texture.
- Serve on crackers, crostini, on top of hummus or on sandwiches.
2021 Adapted Recipe – April Ferre – Adapted from Cookie and Kate