“I wanted to put together a colorful and flavorful salad with a fresh Mexican twist. I tried to gather a variety of colors, flavors and textures. Mango isn’t your typical choice, and one could substitute corn and still have a yellow color, if desired, but it would completely change the character of this salad I also thought about adding black beans or sliced olives for one more dimension, but decided to stay with bright, cheerful colors.” – April Ferre
Mexican Confetti Salad
- 1 Head Green Leaf Lettuce Shredded
- 3 to 4 Roma Tomatoes Diced
- 1 Orange Bell Pepper Diced
- 1 Mango Diced
- 1 Cup Jicama Diced
- 2 Avocados Diced
- 1/2 Cucumber Diced
- 1/2 Small Red Onion Chopped
- 1/4 Cup Pine Nuts Toasted
- Cilantro Lime Vinaigrette
- Toss all ingredients together, except pine nuts which are to be used as garnish. Makes approximately 20 1-Cup servings.
- Recipe may be reduced as needed. Serve with Cilantro Lime Vinaigrette on the side.
2012 Original Recipe – April Ferre