“I made this cake in the shape of a bunny, for my friend, Delandy’s daughter Abagail for her Red Egg & Ginger party. It was definitely a hit.” – April Ferre
“This is my husband, Steve’s favorite birthday cake. One year I made something else, thinking he would appreciate something different for a change, but instead he asked where the Lemon Coconut Cake was. So every year since, this is what he gets.” – Calla Ferre
Lemon Coconut Cake
- 1 16.25-Ounce Box Vanilla Cake Mix
- 1 Recipe Clear Lemon Filling
- 1 Recipe Seven Minute Frosting
- Sweetened Shredded Coconut
- Bake vanilla cake in 2 layers. Spread lemon filling between layers.
- Prepare seven minute frosting with corn syrup (not cream of tartar), to make a soft frosting. Spread over cake and then coat with shredded coconut.
Original Recipe – Calla Ferre