“My absolute favorite dish in the entire world is Shrimp Scampi. I had searched for awhile to find just the right one. My Mom and I tried this for Easter 2009 up in Davis. A must was a load of garlic, so we increased the amount from the original recipe. In the end, we found our scampi recipe! Use the extra sauce the next night over chicken.” – April Ferre
Garlic Shrimp Scampi
- 2-3 Pounds Fresh Shrimp Peeled And Deveined
- 1/2 Cup Butter Melted
- 1/2 Cup Olive Oil
- 1/4 Cup White Wine
- 1 Tablespoon Parsley Chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Green Onion Chopped
- 8 Cloves Garlic Minced
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
- Salt And Pepper To Taste
- Combine all ingredients, except shrimp in large, shallow dish and mix well. Add shrimp and toss to coat. Cover and marinate for at least 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove shrimp to Dutch oven and simmer over medium heat until shrimp are cooked through.