“This is the poor man’s version of ‘Quiche Lorraine,’ but it is still very good. You could add other vegetables to this if you wanted as well.” – April Ferre
Egg & Bacon Pie
- 1 Basic Pie Pastry with 1/2 Cup Grated Cheese
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 2 Onions Chopped
- 6 Slices Bacon Chopped
- 3 Eggs
- 2 Cups Milk
- Salt & Pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon Dry Mustard
- 2 Teaspoons Parsley Chopped
- Line deep 8-inch pie plate or spring pan with pastry.
- Heat butter in skillet, add onions and bacon; fry 3 to 4 minutes. Beat eggs in a bowl. Add warmed milk, drained onion and bacon, salt, pepper, mustard and parsley. Pour into pastry shell.
- Cook in 375 degree oven for 35 to 40 minutes. If desired, garnish with extra slices or broiled bacon. Makes 6 servings.
2001 Recipe – April Ferre – From the Encyclopedia of Creative Cooking, 1980