“Jean-Jacques, my Ph.D. mentor’s husband, is an excellent (and authentic) French cook. He made this one time when we were over at their house for a lab party.” – April Ferre
- 1 10- Inch Tart Shell Baked
- 4 Ounces Bacon Diced And Browned
- 2 Ounces Gruyere Cheese Thinly Sliced Or Grated
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Egg Yolks
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1/2 Cup Heavy Cream
- Pepper To Taste
- Nutmeg To Taste
- Pinch Salt
- Spread bacon and cheese in bottom of tart shell.
- Combine Eggs, egg yolks, milk, cream and seasonings. Whisk until smooth and slightly foamy. Pour over bacon and cheese.
- Bake at 375 degrees until filling is browned and just set, about 25-30 minutes. When done, a knife inserted in the center of the tart should come out clean. Makes 4 to 6 servings.
2006 Recipe – Barbara Shacklett & Jean-Jacques Lambert