“A very juice little meatball in a crispy won ton skin. The water chestnuts give these little nuggets a nice texture with a fresh taste. Serve with Sweet and Sour Dipping Sauce (a little sweet and a little spicy) or Sweet and Sour Sauce (much more sweet, like the sweet and sour sauce you get at a Chinese restaurant).” – April Ferre
Crispy Won Ton
- 3/4 Pound Ground Pork
- 8 Water Chestnuts Finely Chopped
- 1/4 Cup Green Onion Finely Chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Cornstarch
- 1/2 Teaspoon Grated Fresh Ginger Or 3/4 Teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 1 16- Ounce Package Won Ton Skins
- In a bowl, combine meat, water chestnuts, green onion, soy sauce, salt, cornstarch and ginger. Mix well. Fold in won ton skins.
- Deep fry at 350-360 degrees until won ton skin is browned. Serve warm with catsup and mustard or favorite sweet and sour sauce, if desired.
Recipe – Jean Hansen – From the Kikkoman Soy Sauce Bottle.