“I vividly remember Mom making this when I was a kid. To this day, I often crave the chipped beef and will buy myself a packet as treat to snack on.” – April Ferre
“A very old dish that is quick and easy. It’s best served over Corn Bread.” – Calla Ferre
Creamed Chipped Beef With Vegetables
- 1 Tablespoon Cornstarch
- 1 Cup Milk
- 2 Tablespoons Margarine Or Butter
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/8 Teaspoon Pepper
- 1 2 Ounce Package Chipped Beef Sliced Into Pieces
- 1 Cup Frozen Peas Or Mixed Vegetables Cooked And Drained
- Mix cornstarch and milk until smooth. Add margarine, salt and pepper. Stirring constantly, bring to boil over medium heat; boil 1 minute.
- Add chipped beef and vegetables; heat through. Serve with cornbread.
- You can substitute ham for chipped beef. In that case, you may also add a little bit of cheese to the sauce or some chicken bouillon if sauce is too bland.
Recipe – Calla Ferre