Chili Con Carne #1
- 3 Tablespoons Hot Butter
- 1 Pound Ground Beef
- 1 1/4 Cup Onion Minced
- 2 1/2 Cups Kidney Beans Cooked
- 1 1/3 Cup Condensed Tomato Soup
- 3 Tablespoons Chili Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Flour
- 3 Tablespoons Water
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- Cook ground beef and minced onion until browned in 3 tablespoons hot butter or drippings. Add kidney beans and tomato soup; cook 10 minutes.
- Make chili powder, flour, water and salt into a paste and blend into beef mixture. Cook over low heat, stirring frequently, for 45 minutes.
- Serve hot with crackers or hot fried cornmeal mush. Makes 8 servings.
Recipe – Calla Ferre – From Betty Crocker’s Picture Cookbook, 1956