“The trick to these are finding slightly larger than normal sized cherry tomatoes or else this becomes quite tedious. But, they are very tasty! The original recipe called for 2 teaspoons capers, but I’m not a fan of capers, so I substituted green onions. You can do variations of this recipe, as a filling for puff pastries or tea sandwiches, as a dip for vegetables, or as a spread for crackers. If you can find cocktail tomatoes (pictured above) they work great on the side of salad for an extra treat.” – April Ferre
- 30 Large Cherry Tomatoes
- 3 Ounces Cream Cheese Room Temperature
- 2 Tablespoons Sour Cream
- 2 Teaspoons Dry Sherry
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Green Onions Sliced
- 1/2 Teaspoon Poppy Seeds
- 1 6.5 Ounce Can Crab Meat Drained and Flaked
- Parsley For Garnish
- Cut off tops of cherry tomatoes to make small caps and scoop pulp from bottoms with a small spoon.
- In a medium bowl, blend cream cheese, sour cream, sherry, and salt. Stir in remaining ingredients except parsley. Fill tomatoes with crab mixture.
- Stick toothpicks into centers of caps and stick securely into filled tomatoes. Garnish with tiny sprigs of parsley and refrigerate until serving time. Will hold several hours.
2016 Recipe – April Ferre – From Knudsen’s Cooking for Compliments, 1977.