“When I went to make the Orange Tea Biscuits I could not find a small box of sugar cubes. The only size I could find was a box of something like 225 cubes! So I asked my Mom if she had any ideas on how to use them and she suggested this. I’ve always enjoyed a few drops of bitters in some Sprite, but this is a little more fancy and such a great option for something to replace Champagne at festive occasions for those of us who don’t drink alcohol.” – April Ferre
- Sugar Cubes
- Angostura Aromatic Bitters
- Lemon-Lime Soda or Ginger Ale
- A Couple Drops of Food Coloring Optional
- Add a few drops of bitters to a sugar cube and place in the bottom of a champagne flute.
- If you are celebrating a specific holiday you can also add a drop or two of food coloring (red or green for Christmas, etc) for an extra affect.
- Pour over soda. Serve immediately.
2023 Original Recipe – Calla Ferre