“After learning to make ravioli at the Santa Cruz County Fair, I went searching for more ravioli recipes. It was fall and the butternut squash was quite good. These are both filling and fulfilling; sweet with a creamy texture.” – April Ferre
Butternut Squash Ravioli
- 2 Recipes Pasta Dough
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Small Onion Chopped
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon Fresh Sage Minced
- 1 Cup Butternut Squash Puree
- 4 Ounces Mascarpone
- 4 Tablespoons Butter
- 2 Tablespoons Chicken Stock
- 1/4 Cup Toasted Hazelnuts Chopped
- Parmesan Cheese Optional
- Prepare pasta dough. During 30 minute rest, prepare filling.
- Sauté onion and sage in olive oil until onion is soft and translucent. Combine with butternut squash, and mascarpone. Season with salt and pepper if desired.
- Prepare ravioli (See Spinach and Ricotta recipe for details.) Cook in salted, boiling water until they are tender and float to the surface.
- Heat butter and hazelnuts in pan over medium heat until the butter browns. Add broth and remove from heat. Drizzle over ravioli on plate and top with Parmesan cheese if desired.
- Variation: Season filling with cinnamon and nutmeg instead of fresh sage.