“This is one of the best meals I’ve made in a long time. Lots of wonderful flavors and don’t skip the pineapple! It makes the dish. You can substitute white or brown rice if you’d like, but if you do, add some cilantro to bowl somewhere else.” – April Ferre
Buddha Bowl with Chicken, Spinach & Peanut Sauce
- 1 Large Sweet Potato Peeled & Cut in 1/2-Inch Cubes
- 1 Large Red Onion Sliced in Wedges
- Olive Oil
- 1 Pound Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts Cubed
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ginger
- 1/2 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- Thai Peanut Sauce
- Garlic Cilantro Lime Rice
- 2 Cups Baby Spinach
- Fresh Pineapple Sliced
- Avocado Sliced
- 2 Tablespoons Sesame Seeds Toasted
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spread sweet potatoes and onions onto a large baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt. Toss to coat. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until the sweet potatoes are tender.
- Heat some oil in a large skillet. Toss chicken with ginger, garlic, salt and pepper to taste. Add chicken to skillet and cook through. Toss with peanut sauce.
- Prepare Garlic Cilantro Lime Rice.
- Put prepared rice in bottom of bowl. Top with baby spinach. In one quadrant, place chicken in peanut sauce. Next to it place the sweet potatoes and red onion, then the pineapple and avocado. Drizzle with extra peanut sauce, if desired. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds.
2017 Adapted Recipe – April Ferre – From Delish