“We had an early blueberry season in 2011, and as I was canning peaches, I saw this recipe and decided to try it. A very nice, and very different jam. You taste the sweetness of the blueberries first, followed by a splash of tart lime. A nice condiment to have around when you want something that isn’t super sweet.” – April Ferre
Blueberry Lime Jam
- 4 1/2 Cups Blueberries
- 1 Package Powdered Pectin
- 5 Cups Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Grated Lime Peel
- 1/3 Cup Lime Juice
- Crush blueberries. Combine blueberries and pectin in a large sauce pot. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Add sugar, stirring until dissolved.
- Stir in lime peel and juice. Return to a rolling boil. Boil hard 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Skim foam if necessary.
- Ladle hot jam into hot jars, leaving 1/4-inch head space. Process 15 minutes in boiling water bath.
2011 Recipe – April Ferre – From Ball Bluebook Guide to Preserving, 2009