“I wasn’t sure I’d be that impressed by this dish, but it is surprisingly good. Serve it with brunch or make it part of a Mexican themed breakfast.” – April Ferre
Betty’s Eggs Ole
- Butter Or Oil To Grease Pan
- 2 7- Ounce Cans Whole Mild Green Chilies
- 1 Pound Monterey Jack Cheese
- 12 Eggs
- 16 Ounces Sour Cream
- 3/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Pepper
- Pico de Gallo Optional
- Avocado Optional
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease bottom and sides of a 9×13-inch baking dish with butter or oil.
- Break open the chilies and wash out seeds. Line the bottom of the baking dish with the chilies.
- Slice the cheese into medium-sized pieces and place on top of chilies to cover evenly.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs with sour cream until well blended. Add salt and pepper to taste. Pour mixture over chilies and cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 30 to 40 minutes. The eggs are done with a knife inserted into the dish comes out clean.
- Top with Pico de Gallo and sliced avocado if desired.