“In college, my best friend, Alvin, was the cultural programmer in one of the dorms. He asked me to help out with a cooking class by making a variety of dishes from different countries. I made these, Kathy’s Jumbo Stuffed Shells, and some other things that I can’t remember now.” – April Ferre
April’s Chicken Enchiladas
- 1 Recipe Enchilada Sauce
- 2 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts Cooked And Shredded
- 1 Can Black Beans
- 1/2 Onion Chopped
- Grated Cheddar Cheese
- 12 Taco Size Corn Tortillas
- Oil For Frying Tortillas
- 1 8- Ounce Can Sliced Olives
- 3 Green Onions Chopped
- Prepare Enchilada Sauce.
- Heat oil in fry pan. Fry corn tortillas for a few seconds on one side. Remove to cutting board. In center, place come chicken, black beans, onion, and cheese. Roll up enchilada and place in 9×13 baking dish. Be sure to do these steps quickly after tortilla is removed from fry pan or you will be unable to roll up the enchilada. Repeat for remaining enchiladas.
- Pour over enchilada sauce and top with remaining cheese, olives and green onion. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 25 minutes.
2002 Original Recipe (Updated 2012) – April Ferre