“Jim Serpa was one of Steve’s friends from the cement plant. His wife, Kathy, served these when we came over for dinner. This is what I based my Lasagne recipe on.” – Calla Ferre
Kathy’s Jumbo Stuffed Shells
- 1 12- Ounce Package Jumbo Pasta Shells
- 1 Pound Ricotta Cheese
- 1 Pound Cottage Cheese Low Fat, Small Curd
- 1 10- Ounce Package Frozen Spinach Cooked & Squeezed Dry
- 2 Tablespoons Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Egg Beaten
- 1 32- Ounce Jar Marinara Sauce Original – Not Ragu
- 1/2 Pound Mozzarella Cheese Shredded
- Chopped Fresh Parsley For Garnish, Optional
- Cook shells in boiling, salted water for 8 to 9 minutes until just al dente. Drain and rinse.
- Mix next 5 ingredients and stuff shells.
- Put 1/2 sauce in bottom of baking dish. Arrange stuffed shells in a single layer in dish. Place remaining marinara sauce over top and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese; cover loosely with foil.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes, remove foil and bake an additional 10 to 15 minutes until mozzarella is melted and pasta shells are tender.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
Recipe – Kathy Serpa