“I remember Grandma serving these for Thanksgiving one year. I felt so special having my very own ‘chicken’ on my plate. And the apricot glaze is so tasty. Apricots and chicken pair very well together, and prior to getting this recipe from my Grandma, I developed my own Chicken with Apricot Sauce.” – April Ferre
Apricoted Cornish Hens
- 6 Cornish Game Hens Rinsed & Patted Dry
- 2 Stalks Celery With Leaves Diced
- 1 Large Onion Diced
- 2 Large Cloves Garlic Minced
- 3 Tablespoons Butter
- 6 Cups Unseasoned Stuffing Mix
- 2 1/2 Cups Dried Apricots Quartered
- 2 Cups Bargetto Apricot Wine
- 3/4 Cup Apricot Jelly Melted
- Sauté celery, onion and garlic in butter until onions are transparent. Add mixture to stuffing mix and toss until well blended. Add dried apricots and toss again. Sprinkle stuffing with 1 Cup Apricot Wine and mix well.
- Stuff hens lightly to allow expansion of stuffing during baking. Baste once with melted butter. Roast in preheated 375 degree oven for 45 minutes to an hour, basting every 15 minutes with remaining wine. Baste with melted apricot jelly 10 minutes before hens are done.
Recipe – Jean Hansen – From the Bargetto Winery