“I adapted this from our Apricoted Cornish Hen recipe. This stuffing is particularly good. The apricots seem to make it feel a little lighter than a sausage-based stuffing. I bet some chopped pecans would also be good in this.” – April Ferre
- 1 Stalk Celery With Leaves Diced
- 1/2 Large Onion Diced
- 1 Large Clove Garlic Minced
- 1/4 Cup Butter
- 3 Cups (1 Box) Chicken Flavored Stuffing Mix
- 1 1/4 Cup Dried Apricots Quartered
- 1/2 Cup Bargetto Apricot Wine
- 1 Cup Hot Water or Chicken Broth Optional
- Sauté celery, onion and garlic in butter until onions are transparent. Add to stuffing mix and toss until well blended. Add dried apricots and toss again. Sprinkle stuffing with Apricot Wine and mix well.
- Stuff lightly into game hens or chickens to allow for expansion.
- If cooking separately, put stuffing into a microwave-safe dish and add hot water or chicken broth. Microwave on high for 5 to 6 minutes. Fluff with a fork and serve.
Substitutions: If you cannot find the apricot wine, you can substitute 6 Tablespoons white wine and 2 Tablespoons apricot nectar.
2020 Adapted Recipe – April Ferre – Adapted from Apricoted Cornish Hen Recipe