“In 2020, during the COVID-19 pandemic, my gas oven died. It was an inconvenient time to try to buy major appliances, as there were shortages due to the manufacturing plants being shut down. However, I was not a fan of the gas range that was here when I bought my house (to put it nicely), so it was a good opportunity to upgrade to an electric range. I was excited to find that Frigidare had recently come out with an oven with an air fry function. I’d also been wanting an air fryer, but the counter-top versions are large and I have limited space, so to get two in one was a fantastic find! The first thing I did, as recommended by my Mom, was try reheating leftover Costco pizza. What amazing results! It brought my pizza back to life, about 95% like pizza fresh from the pizza oven. I’ll never reheat pizza in the microwave again!” – April Ferre
Air Fryer Reference Guide
- Temperature: 350 degrees. Time: 5-8 minutes or until crust is crispy and cheese starts to bubble.
Frozen Curly Fries (Single Serving):
- Temperature: 425 degrees. Time: 10-15 minutes. Check at 10 minutes. Separate curls of fries so that the hot air can contact all sides of the fries. Shake basket and cook until outside of fries are crispy. Times will be longer if cooking a half or whole bag of fries.
Frozen Corn Dogs:
- Temperature: 370 degrees. Time: 15 minutes. Turn corn dog half way through baking.
Frozen Fish Fillets:
- Temperature: 380 degrees. Time: Cook for 12 minutes, flip and cook another 6 to 8 minutes until crispy and cooked through.
Frozen Sweet Potato Fries (Single Serving):
- Temperature: 400 degrees. Time: 10-15 minutes. Check at 10 minutes. Shake basket and cook until outside of fries are crispy. Times will be longer if cooking a half or whole bag of fries.
Frozen Pre-Cooked Chicken Wings:
- Single portion: 8 to 10 wings. Temperature: 400 degrees. Time: Cook first side for 10 minutes, flip, and cook second side another 8 minutes. If you are going to use any sauce, brush it on the second side and cook 2 minutes, flip, and then brush sauce on the first side and cook 2 minutes more. If not brushing wings with sauce, cook second side for a total of 12 minutes.
Recrisping and Reheating Tempura:
- Temperature: 375 degrees. Time: 3 to 4 minutes (Vegetables); 4 to 5 minutes (Shrimp). Flip vegetables and shrimp half way through cooking time.
2020 Guide – April Ferre