“I had dinner at my friend Donna’s house one night and she served a mushroom appetizer with some crackers that was really tasty. So I went to find a similar recipe and found this. This is a little fancier with the crostini and goat cheese, but the mushroom mixture served with crackers is good on its own as well.” – April Ferre
Wild Mushroom Crostini with Goat Cheese
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- 1 Pound Assorted Mushrooms (See Note)d Stems Removed, Thinly Sliced
- 2 Shallots Finely Chopped
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Minced
- 1/4 Cup Dry White Wine
- 1 Teaspoon Fresh Thyme (Or 1/4 Teaspoon Dried)
- 1 Baguette Made into Crostini
- 8 Ounces Goat Cheese Room Temperature
- Chopped Parsley For Garnish
- In a large Dutch oven, melt butter and olive oil over medium heat. Add mushrooms, shallots, salt and pepper. Sauté, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms have browned and liquid has evaporated.
- Add garlic and sauté for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add white wine and thyme and sauté 2 minutes more until wine has mostly evaporated.
- Remove from heat and cool slightly. Taste and add more salt and pepper if desired.
- Spread goat cheese on crostini, top with mushrooms and sprinkle with parsley. Serve immediately.
2021 Adapted Recipe – April Ferre – Adapted from Rachel Cooks