“So most of my family recipes are well, family size. Living by myself, I needed recipes that were a little smaller. You can use water in place of pickle juice, but the result isn’t quite as tasty.” – April Ferre
Twosome Meat Loaf
- 2 Pounds Lean Ground Beef
- 1/4 Cup Oatmeal Uncooked
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- Dash Pepper
- 1/8 Teaspoon Dry Mustard
- 1/4 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Egg Beaten
- 4 Tablespoons Sweet Pickle Liquid Or Water
- 3 Tablespoons Catsup
- 2 Teaspoons Brown Sugar
- Combine first 7 ingredients and 2 Tablespoons Sweet Pickle Liquid in a bowl. Mix thoroughly. Shape mixture into loaf and place in loaf pan.
- Combine remaining ingredients and 2 Tablespoons Sweet Pickle Liquid and spread mixture over loaf.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until loaf is of desired doneness. Makes 4 servings.
2001 Recipe – April Ferre – From The New World Encyclopedia of Cooking, 1979