“Ok, so you really don’t need a recipe for a tuna fish sandwich, but I’ve included this variation because I was never that big of a fan of tuna fish sandwiches until somebody in college suggested adding apple. I wish I could remember which of my college friends gave me this suggestion, but here it is. The sweetness and the crunch of the apple add a nice freshness to an otherwise ordinary sandwich. Also, I rarely add pickle relish, but I’ve included it here because most people tend to like it. Measurements are approximate, so feel free to adjust to your own taste.” – April Ferre
Tuna And Apple Sandwich
- 1 Can Chunk Light Tuna In Water
- 3 Tablespoons Mayonaise
- 2 Tablespoons Onion Chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Sweet Pickle Relish Optional
- 1/2 Small Apple Diced
- 1 Teaspoon Lemon Juice
- 2 Slices Bread
- Drain tuna well. In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients, except bread. Stir to blend well.
- Place between two slices of bread (oat-nut bread recommended); cut in half and serve.
2002 Original Recipe – April Ferre – Based off of Mom’s recipe growing up.