“This is sweet and tangy and can be frozen prior to baking so that you can pull it out after a long day and have a nice meal. Blackberries work equally well in this recipe.” – April Ferre
Tangy Raspberry Chicken
- 1 18-Ounce Jar Raspberry Preserves
- 1 12-Ounce Can Pineapple Juice Concentrate
- 1/2 Cup Soy Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1/2 Teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
- Optional Frozen Raspberries or Mixed Berries Thawed
- Combine first 6 ingredients. Marinate with chicken breasts overnight in a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- The next day add berries and bake in a 350 degree oven for 30 to 40 minutes or until done.
- Remove chicken and berries and set aside. Pour the marinade into a saucepan and thicken with cornstarch to desired consistency. Pour sauce over chicken and top with berries.
- To prepare ahead and freeze: Combine sauce ingredients and chicken in freezer bag. Remove as much air as possible and seal bags. Lay flat in baking dish, stacking bags on top of each other. Once completely frozen, items can be removed from pan and stacked in the freezer. To serve: defrost bags in baking dish in the refrigerator. Or defrost in microwave. Bake as described above.
2007 Adapted Recipe – April Ferre – From Don’t Panic- Dinner’s in the Freezer, 2005